Tuesday, July 12, 2011

How would I use blogs, wikis and delicious with my EFL students?

 First of all, it is better to explain to the students what are blogs, wikis and delicious and how to use them in the field of education. As a teacher, I can upload homeworks and assignments. Also, I would subscribe different websites that students may be able to use. Here I have an example of wikis that can be used by EFL teachers with students to teach them vocabulary. The teacher gives a word and asks a student to spell it, and then a second student should say a word beginning with the last letter of the word given. The game continues until someone makes a mistake, that is, to pronounce the word incorrectly, misspell it or come up with a word that has been said already, and then he/she is out. The last one remaining in the game is the winner.
This game can be made difficult by limiting the words to a certain category, e.g. food, tools, or nouns, verbs, etc.
  


1 comment:

  1. Very nice activity for spilling, and moves the spirit of competing in the class. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete